Melanie Flowers for Judge
247th Family Court
Some quick facts about Melanie Flowers
For more than 17 years, clients have trusted Melanie Flowers to help resolve legal matters in the family law courts, from child custody to complex property disputes associated with a divorce.
The native Houstonian has forged a legal reputation not only in the courtrooms of Harris, Fort Bend, and Brazoria counties, but also as a former faculty member of the acclaimed Family Law Trial Institute of the American Bar Association.
Melanie also serves as a gifted speaker at the State Bar of Texas continuing legal education seminars.
Wife and Mother
Melanie and her husband, Corey, have 4 wonderful children ranging in age from 27 to 12. Melanie describes the joy and challenges they've experienced with their blended family as remarkable. "I have been blessed with a supportive husband and with children who are well-adjusted. My family experience will allow me to speak hope and healing to those who will come before my Court, as I have done in my law practice." No other candidate has this first-hand experience.
An Experienced Family Law Expert
A 1996 graduate of South Texas College of Law in Houston, Melanie Flowers is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
There are over 70,000 lawyers in Texas and only 1% (about 725) are board certified in Family Law! As a board certified attorney, Melanie Flowers, has demonstrated the relevant experience, special competence, and passed a rigorous test to earn the right to publicly represent herself as a SPECIALIST IN FAMILY LAW.
Melanie Flowers believes that judges hold a unique position in the governance of our community. We trust judges to be fair and impartial. Judges play an important role in preserving our fundamental rights to due process and equal protection under the law.
- All litigants are entitled to respect along with full and fair consideration of their cases;
- Courts should NOT legislate, but rather, should uphold our Constitution; and apply laws fairly and honestly to all people who come before the court regardless of their political, social, or economic status.
- Family Law Judges should possess the highest level of legal experience in order to make just and fair rulings.
Community Leader and Volunteer
Melanie Flowers does not confine herself to practicing family law; she is a wife, mother and active in her church and community.
Melanie serves as:
- Harris County Republican Party Precinct Chair #140
- Board member for Daughters of Liberty Republican Women
- President of Jack & Jill of America-Greater Channel Chap.
- Volunteers at her children’s schools and a number of other community and political organizations
Vote March 4, 2014 - Republican Primary
247th Family Court Judge